Hey popcorns! 🍿
How have you all been? I haven’t posted for nearly two weeks but the blogging mojo was seriously non-existent which seems to happen a lot to me?! so I decided to wait until today to type up my June Reflection post.
Usually my posts are quite positive?
I love how I’m putting a question mark there! I like to think they are anyway 😂 Well this post might not be as positive because I just feel like if I didn’t say any negative things that happened I’d be lying about what my month was really like.
It wasn’t all bad but there were definitely a lot of events that I need to put here, hopefully it might help me sort through them and make me a feel a whole lot better!
Also my KIP chapter updates will definitely be a lot less intermittent in the summer… time is just not something I have a lot of right now but I appreciate how patient you all are and I am determined to also post my book update/library haul next week! And then I’m going to get out some AWESOME summer themed
how did summer come so fast though?! book AND bucketlist themed posts!
So keep your eyes peeled (has anybody ever realised how painful that phrase sounds? Like ouchie).
Also feel free to skip to whatever category interests you!
I’m actually going to bullet point in this category and in a few others because it’s just easier to gather my thoughts that way 💖
- Moved/ing school. This definitely deserves top bullet point as it has to be one of the scariest things I’ve done in life
because I am cautious AND rule-abiding and have absolutely NO interest in putting my life in danger, like full stop.For all your Americans that is the British way of saying period 😂 Moving school definitely ramped up my anxiety levels and I was just so worried how everyone would perceive me, and so scared of being all alone. It was definitely an experience and the nerves have settled down quite a bit but I’m definitely not quite yet relaxed.
- Can I really do this? It was a question that I literally kept asking myself as moving school was such a test of my confidence in who I am, my social skills and generally who I am as a person. I did find myself generally doubting myself a lot and thinking my personality was dull to everyone else’s and I wasn’t going to fit in and just some very toxic thoughts but I’m definitely feeling a lot better about it and I know realise how much I was generally underestimating myself!
- English desk trauma story.
where once again, Amber strikes again and totally digs herself her own hole to jump into 😂So first of all, I actually turned up to class on time but when I walked into the library (it’s our temporary room with all this covid dramas) literally all the desks were full. You basically have the exam desks all spaced about 3m apart (it’s crazy) and I literally couldn’t see one free anywhere except the very, very, very front row where there was no-one sitting there. I have to do the awkward please-stop-staring-at-me walk and once I’d got to the seat in front of EVERYONE I realised I was literally on my own, in the font row and everyone could see me. And then, just to really place the cherry on top of my burnt cake, there was actually a free seat on the left row in the middle so it looked like I specifically went to the front. The only good part was I did manage to make friends with a guy who was sitting diagonally behind me so I get the universe really does have a plan for me?!
- Stressing about September. I generally have a lot of worries for September, one being that my bus leaves at 7am and I don’t get home till 4:30pm
which basically means I might as well just sleep at school…I’m just not used to those long school days and I have a feeling my energy levels are going to crash and burn. Also I don’t want to sound up my ass here but it’s basically a selective school so you have to be of a certain intelligence to go which means that what you are learning in class that is fast paced and I’ve already done one maths lesson and I feel like I may be studying all the time for the next two years of my life just to keep up and get the grades that I am aiming for 😂
- What am I studying? I just thought I would share with you all the subjects I’m going to be studying (I’ll list the core subjects first
UH why do they make you take science?!) and then the last four are the ones I chose but you had to take a language but here goes nothing: English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Graphic Art, Music, Geography and Spanish.
I’ll switch between positive and negative in these bullet points 😇
- Family conflict/drama. I don’t want to delve into this one too much as I’m honestly too ashamed to actually have to type this out but someone basically came into my life and left as quick as they came and it really left me feeling numb and people are always saying ‘to trust people’ but how can I be so trustful when things like this show me how easy it is for someone to slam it right back in your face like it meant nothing to them?
- Started finding natural remedies instead of makeup. This was definitely a big one! It doesn’t work for everything but definitely for the dark circles under my eyes I now use a serum and every morning for around 3 minutes I hold these cooling re-usable eye pads
that say Forever Unicorn on them LOL I really wish I could get ‘I’m Busy’ written on them so people wouldn’t interrupt me!gently below my eyes and I usually read my book on my phone but it honestly just calms them down so much and makes them a lot less puffy and dark.
- PMS hit me, HARD! If you don’t know what PMS is then you lucky- inhale, exhale Amber. Sometimes I just feel like I literally need to write off a few days of each month to feeling de-motivated and just generally fed up. I had some seriously crippling cramps (alliteration, my English teacher would be proud!) too and there was me when I’m younger ‘I cannot wait to start becoming a woman.’ Uhm, no 😂 I’ve also been really trying to build in some healthy eating habits but they literally flew out the window because the sugar craving is insane. I feel like there are tiny people in my head shouting ‘I want sugar!’ constantly on repeat and the more I ignore them the louder they shout 🤣
- Worked out every single day of June. See the thing is working out for me isn’t a chore or something I have to do it’s actually a hobby now and something that just slides nicely into my day. It definitely wasn’t always like that but I really feel like I nailed the working out lifestyle in June which was a lovely positive to my month and definitely has me feeling lot more body confident. I’m a solid believer in loving your body, no matter the size, but if you don’t then there are definitely a lot of ways you can change it and help boost your self esteem because beauty isn’t a tiny waist and miniscule legs.
- Shoulder pain stress. Every time I get stressed my shoulder muscles tense up
like every other human being on this planet Amberand I always feel my left shoulder tingling and then the next day I’ll wake up and it will be really stiff and sore which is exactly what I’ve been having this past week with everything going on. I know there are people who have it a lot worse but it just means I’m in a lot of discomfort trying to concentrate in class which is not fun at all!
I actually took all of these pictures (except the bottom one) myself and I want to use my own graphics for these sorts of posts so you can literally see what my favourites have been 💖
oh my gosh we’re already at 1.4k words…
Using my scent steamer. I haven’t used this for a few months as I go into stages of having it on for long periods of time to barely switching it on once a week. I definitely enjoyed switching it on in the evening so that when I came to bed my room smelt incredible and all the aromas really helped to soothe me. I also think the light on it is awesome and there are so many scents to choose from, it’s crazy 😄
First day at the beach + lots of paddleboaring! I’ve already formed some incredible 2020 beach memories which has been really lovely and days at the beach are, in my opinion, the best kind of days! I just love going to isolated beaches that are empty because the only way to access them is by the sea, anyways I cannot wait to make more beach memories in July!
Thirteen Reasons Why. I actually started the first episode of season 3 quite a few months ago and then for some reason
aka finding the vampire diaries I just stopped watching but I watched the whole of season 3 in June which was epic! This show has become so much more than Hannah Baker, like who even was she again?! 😂
Favourite quote. Honestly this quote doesn’t apply to everything but I feel it definitely applied to me as I was always saying ‘I’m too tired’ or ‘but I really don’t want to’ or ‘I’ve been at school all day’ but I needed to stop making excuses to get out of my responsibilities, when it comes to exercise I usually feel ‘too tired’ but that’s actually because I need to exercise, believe it or not exercise will make you feel more energised.
Here is quick Amber’s Reads Online June News Feed:
- I posted my first discussion post on Makeup (which you can read HERE) and it was genuinely so interesting to hear everyone’s thoughts and opinions on the subject
- I’ve fully decided on a posting day of Saturday for KIP chapters and Wednesday for general posts IF I have time
- Manage to get my award count down to 4 because the blogger who nominated me for a few has literally disappeared off WP?!
- I posted four times in June which isn’t awful but isn’t amazing either
- I decided that I should probably do some blog hopping in July and discover a few new blogs instead of just looking at the ones who follow me
– MOST POPULAR POST –
– FAVOURITE POST TO WRITE –
I read a total of 3 books in June, that’s okay though! I’m definitely going to aim higher for July but i have a feeling that August’s book count will be off the roof because I’m in summer holidays 😂
Night Study by Maria V. Snyder, #5 Chronicles Of Ixia. The characters in this book were defined and very interesting compared to the other books but I just think the decisions that are being made are just ridiculous, and then they get all upset when there are consequences which is just *facepalm*. The plot ranges from a fast pace to sometimes slow and boring and the descriptions can be very and almost too detailed sometimes.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. This book has gone to my Goodreads bio, yes it’s that good. I don’t know why I clicked with this book so much but I just did, I felt every word of every page. The descriptions were beautiful and the characters, I need a Levi in my life okay?! Why can’t guys be like Levi though. I didn’t care much for her twin sister Wren but I thought every character was there for a reason, this book is adorable though. Please read it. It’s so light and fluffy and heart-melting-ly cute.
The Enemy by Charlie Higson. This book is so good that it rivals The Maze Runner, ad if you don’t know me then I love TMR a lot, like a lot. There was a lot of character development in The Maze Runner compared to this book but I still fell in love with the characters and may have shed a tear or two for a few! It’s a dystopian, set in post-apocalypse times book so right up my street but I just think the concept is so clever and the writing is so powerful and effective, you know the best part? It’s a 7 book series… *cue the squeals!!*
June Goals Reflection: 5/7
- Carry on using my workout routine and mood tracker ✔️
- Blog 6 times (3 of them will be KIP posts) ❌ only blogged 4 times, oops!
- Read 4 books ❌ only read 3, eek!
- Start the 1.5 litre water consumption a day challenge ✔️ I did start it… I just never finished it hehe!
- Give myself a break once in a while ✔️ Yes I started taking some downtime
- Find healthy snack alternatives ✔️ Made these delicious nutty bars!
- Fizzy drinks on Fridays ✔️ Yes it’s only one can a week now!
- Blog 8 times (4 of them will be KIP chapters)
- Read 4 books
- Survive & finish my transition to my new school
- Make a summer bucket list
- Run a new (possibly longer) route
- Don’t fall back on obsessive habits
- Curl ALL of my hair
- Discover at least TWO new blogs
This took so long to write up but like El said it really was therapeutic to go back over this month and it finally feels like I’m ready for whatever July throws at me, trust me 2020 I’ve seen it all, we all have!
Wishing you all a wonderful July, I hope 2020 might go easy on us all this month 😅