Hey popcorns 🍿
Is it just me who feels so uninspired to post lately?! As soon as I sit down to draft this post the words just don’t come out right and then something else needs doing and online school is piling up, gosh life is so darn stressful lately! 😂
It all started on the Tuesday when my 4 year old cat went missing, I was devastated and honestly I have no idea how I kept it together. We didn’t find him for 12 hours, thank gosh our other cat Smudge didn’t escape too! Worst 12 hours of my whole existence 😢 When we found him I was so happy I nearly started crying, just the thought of him all alone at night was breaking my heart into a gazillion pieces 💔
Also online school has finished up and now I have a week off, so hoping to be online a lot more and hopefully starting the novel chapters and posting more! 💕
Now enough of my extremely stressful and emotional week, let’s get on with all things iced coffee!
*slurps iced coffee*
Small tiny disclaimer to keep you reading: the short story from my 15 DWC I will be continuing with will be revealed at the end of this post!
Now as the famous trilogy once said, let the games (review and recipe) begin! 😂
Iced coffee is the perfect summer, autumn, winter and spring drink! You can literally drink it any time, and it’s such a fast drink to make. I’m not going to lie to you, it isn’t the healthiest of drinks but it is important to treat yourself, and when I’m looking for a pick-me up I always make a cup of this delicious drink!
Just wanted to say I use decaf coffee because I’m caffeine intolerant but it tastes so good! Caffeine is honestly pretty bad for your body and brain, so I recommend using decaf, but it is totally up to you! 🥤
Now first of all I’d like to clarify the difference between whipped and iced coffee, it drives me crazy when people in them up because they’re so different! Iced coffee is when you mix all the ingredients into a foam-textured syrup, whipped coffee is when you mix the ingredients into a yoghurt texture and pour on top of the milk!
As you can see I’m very passionate about all things iced coffee…
Nw follow below the ingredients you’ll need to make Amber’s Iced Coffee
I totally didn’t just name my iced coffee after myself and the recipe to make your own heaven in a cup!
✰ I N G R E D I E N T S ✰
– THIS RECIPE SERVES ONE –
– 1 tablespoon of coffee (granules or powdered)
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– Pinch of cinnamon powder (optional but worth it!)
– 2 tablespoons of water
– Glass of milk
✰ R E C I P E ✰
1. Add coffee, sugar and the cinnamon powder (if you’re including it) to a medium sized bowl.
2. Pour the measurement of water into the dry ingredients, if it looks already too much after adding 1 tablespoon then don’t add a second.
3. Electric whisk or manual whisk into a foamy syrup, if you’re aiming for whipped coffee (see above) then carry on whisking into a yoghurt texture. If it isn’t thickening, add more water!
4. Now take out your glass and pour the syrup into the bottom of it, then pour the milk on top of the syrup to fill the glass until you are happy it’s the contents.
5. Grab a spoon and stir the syrup in until the milk has turned a creamy brown type of colour, froth on the top is totally normal! I tend to serve with ice and drink with a straw, but it’s totally up to you! If you want to keep it aesthetic you could even sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
This was my finished product, my iced coffees always look different each time, but taste just as good! 😋
The novel I will continuing with is *drumroll please* EMPOWERING KNOWLEDGE (fiction in fiction) which will be called Knowledge Is Power and I honestly want to create a cover for the book so if anyone knows someone who knows someone who could create me a book cover, I would be so thankful if you could let me know!
A chapter of KIP will be released every Friday, I’m going to work my ass off to stick to this schedule so do stay tuned every Friday for my post! I will also post one extra post each week that isn’t related to novel chapters so that’s AWESOME and honestly so exciting!! 😆
Hopefully you enjoyed earning all about my special iced
NOT WHIPPED coffee, and I hope you are all inspired to make yourself a cup of iced coffee, I totally recommend it and please let me know in the comments if you have any questions or plan on making a cup 💕
Have you made iced/ whipped coffee before? Are you interested in making a cup? Do you like caffeine?
That’s a wrap ☺️